Thursday, August 13, 2020

Track 2 - Catalina Rush

This is the second song I titled "Catalina Rush". The first was "Catalina Lord" but I didn't feel it worked with that title. Once I came up with the octave driven bass line for the real "Catalina Rush" though I knew I had my song. The ZoomChak is front and center on this track with brief breaks for the bass and drums to slow things down with a "Black Sabbath" style feel.  

This was one of the hardest songs to mix. The ZoomChak takes up a lot of sonic space and I struggled to find space for the aggressive open hi-hat. The HaNon is pretty far back in this one and was added during the mixing process. I'll focus more on the mixing process once I'm done covering each song.

I'll be back tomorrow to write about song three "Catalina Promise".

No comments:

Post a Comment