Saturday, August 15, 2020

Track 4 - Catalina Days & Catalina Nights

"Catalina Days & Catalina Nights" is one of the songs on the album that has a very strong guitar influence. On guitar I enjoy playing power chords starting on the D string with the root, the 5th and then the root octave. Using that approach I came up with the main riff on guitar and it transposed over to the HaNon B70 beautifully. This was the most challenging mix on the album and I worked on it right up until release day. As previously stated the HaNon in full on dirty mode takes up a lot sonic space. The ZoomChak does as well and it was challenging to find space for those two instruments while also finding a spot for the hi-hat, other cymbals and toms to sit. I'm ultimately happy with the results but am looking forward to refining the sonic space of my songs as I continue to produce music.  

As a final note the name of the song was inspired by The Beach Boys and their album Summer Days (And Summer Nights!!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment