Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Mixing Catalina Rush

As I worked on each song I would dial in a rough mix which made mixing the album a bit easier. It's ultimately a pretty lengthy process though. Playback on several devices was key but I used one as my main source for deciding which mix was final. I spent the last week of July and right up until the release on August 10th working on the final mixes.

I used the following effects on individual channels:




Calf Reverb  LADSPA - I used this one mainly on the drums but it did find it's way on to a handful of other channels. 


For the Stereo Buss I applied the following on each track in the following order:




Mixing can be quite intimidating but I'd encourage someone making music to jump in and play around before shipping your tracks off to be mixed by a professional. If you have any questions about my mixing process you can contact me via the contact form here on the site or you can e-mail me at CraigCohenMusic@gmail.com.  


No comments:

Post a Comment